Monday, July 19, 2010

Two truths and a lie

This is a tale from teaching at the Juvenile Detention Centre (JDC).

We try to make our lessons interactive, and so we decided to play 'Two truths and a lie' at the JDC. In case you're not familiar with the game, I'll explain it. You have to tell a group of people three things about yourself, two of which are true, and one of which is a lie. They have to guess which is the lie. This is what one of them came up with: have a guess which is the lie....

1) I have videotaped people having sex
2) I have videotaped other people having sex
3) I was arrested for selling 9000 pills

Any ideas?

Nope?

The answer is 3) - she was actually arrested for selling 2000 pills.

This is why I love teaching at the JDC - the girls can be difficult, moody, distracted or disengaged, but never dull!

No comments:

Post a Comment